The most common questions we get from our clients
This development was one of the most technologically advanced discoveries we made with this product, in that we found that this color pigment finally eliminated any streaking. Our customers can be ‘in control’ of their product as they see it go right onto their skin. IMPORTANT NOTE: This color is neither a stain nor a dye, but it is a naturally based organic color pigment that is temporary. (The DHA is what is actually tanning your body, while the color is for application purpose only).
NO! Since color pigment is not a stain or dye, it will wash out of any synthetic material. Many of our focus groups included testing such items and the results found that it could be treated even easier than your average make-up collar that when thrown in the wash it is easily removed. (No need for special fabric treatments, etc.)
This is one of our favorite questions! Because we often boast on the fact that you should only apply our product once or twice a week on average! Of course, you will find your own maintenance schedule. Remember that you’re the one in control and you can deepen your tan by applying more or less as desired.
NO! Remember the guide color is for application and we actually recommend that you rinse this off the next morning after your nightly application. The unique ingredient Dihydroxyacetone (DHA) is what is creating a real tan on your skin’s surface, so just like a tan from the sun that will not wash off, neither will this new product with its new breakthrough formulation!
NOTE: DHA is not permanent, so it will fade just as any suntan does, which is why a weekly application is recommended to continue to maintain your tan.
No, but we recommend using your favorite sun block.
Again, we emphasize that this product fades but doesn’t wash off. The very best results we have ever seen is with those who follow our instructions and apply the product at night and shower the next morning. Obviously, you wouldn’t swim right after application of the product, since this would simply be wasting your product. So swim after your morning rinse!
Any Dermatologist will be much happier to see you use a dihydroxyacetone formulation to create a tan vs. baking for prolonged hours in the sun! Our product has no animal testing, first because our company members feel very conscientious about that and second, because we are not dealing with harmful ingredients that would require extensive testing. We feel we have the most natural based product to promote healthy skin.
Spray Tan Care
- Please shave or wax your legs the night before your tan.
- Moisturize really well before bed.
- Exfoliate THOROUGHLY as well. This will remove dead skin and provide a new smooth surface for your tan. Exfoliating helps to promote even coverage and lengths the duration of your tan.
- DO NOT USE DOVE products! Dove soaps and lotions leave film on your skin so that directly leads to blotch tank top
- Remove makeup, moisturizer, perfume and deodorant before your spray tan.
- It is recommend your wear dark, loose fitting clothing. Solution washes out most of the time. It tends to stain nylon and Lycra materials.
- A woman’s tan can directly be affected by her hormones. Considering her cycle, it can cause blotchiness or the color not to develop light and require an extra spray tan 24-48 hours to get your base color.
NO LOTIONS OR DEODORANT ON DAY OF SPRAY TAN !
- Let your tan set for at least 8 hours (overnight if possible) before showing or taking a bath. This allows your tan to develop.
- Avoid wearing socks or shoes after your tanning session in order to allow the tan to develop properly on your feet.
- Avoid applying moisturizers or deodorants.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes for at least 5 hours. This includes tighter fitting jeans, bras, spandex, tight shorts and shoes and socks.
- All swimming, showering and vigorous excessive must be avoided for at least 5 hours as sweating can inhibit the development of your tan.
- DO NOT Shave for 12 hours after spray tan session.
- Beware wearing long boots after tanning as these can make your tan patchy on your legs.
- Remember when you shower or bath you probably will see some color wash off. Don’t worry. This is normal as it is only the color guide that I used when spraying you. You will be left with a gorgeous tan!
- Moisturize regularly everyday
- Avoid long hot baths or showers. These speed up exfoliation.
- Pat your skin dry after the shower or bath. Running your skin may rub off tan.
- Avoid swimming pools and salt water, as these can reduce your tan.
- Try to always use a fresh razor for shaving.