Spray Tan Care
THE night before
- Please shave or wax your legs the night before your tan.
- Moisturize really well before bed.
- Exfoliate THOROUGHLY as well. This will remove dead skin and provide a new smooth surface for your tan. Exfoliating helps to promote even coverage and lengths the duration of your tan.
- DO NOT USE DOVE products! Dove soaps and lotions leave film on your skin so that directly leads to blotch tank top
Day of your Spray Tan
- Remove makeup, moisturizer, perfume and deodorant before your spray tan.
- It is recommend your wear dark, loose fitting clothing. Solution washes out most of the time. It tends to stain nylon and Lycra materials.
- A woman’s tan can directly be affected by her hormones. Considering her cycle, it can cause blotchiness or the color not to develop light and require an extra spray tan 24-48 hours to get your base color.
NO LOTIONS OR DEODORANT ON DAY OF SPRAY TAN !
Spray Tan Aftercare
- Let your tan set for at least 8 hours (overnight if possible) before showing or taking a bath. This allows your tan to develop.
- Avoid wearing socks or shoes after your tanning session in order to allow the tan to develop properly on your feet.
- Avoid applying moisturizers or deodorants.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes for at least 5 hours. This includes tighter fitting jeans, bras, spandex, tight shorts and shoes and socks.
- All swimming, showering and vigorous excessive must be avoided for at least 5 hours as sweating can inhibit the development of your tan.
- DO NOT Shave for 12 hours after spray tan session.
- Beware wearing long boots after tanning as these can make your tan patchy on your legs.
- Remember when you shower or bath you probably will see some color wash off. Don’t worry. This is normal as it is only the color guide that I used when spraying you. You will be left with a gorgeous tan!
Maintaining The Tan
- Moisturize regularly everyday
- Avoid long hot baths or showers. These speed up exfoliation.
- Pat your skin dry after the shower or bath. Running your skin may rub off tan.
- Avoid swimming pools and salt water, as these can reduce your tan.
- Try to always use a fresh razor for shaving.